Succession planning requires not only a high level of technical specialization and integrated work involving different areas of law, but also sensitivity to align expectations, to understand the particularities of each family member, to generate stable discussion environments, and to identify safe and financially efficient ways to preserve family’s wealth.
Within this context, our team advises clients to structure their business and to protect their wealth and family relationship. We implement corporate governance principles and systems to family-owned companies and we reorganize companies, assets and business, inside and outside Brazil.
We rely on the support of renowned law firms around the world to provide advice in connection with wealth and succession matters involving individuals and assets in other jurisdictions.
Highlights of our work:
- Advisory in contractual, corporate, tax, family and succession legal matters, related to family-owned business
- Advisory in the planning of legal structures that allow the longevity of family-owned business and the mitigation of the impacts that are so common in generation transition, in order to always meet the different expectations and expertise of parents and their heirs
- Advisory in the creation of corporate vehicles (such as, for example, holdings, investment funds, and trusts) and in the structuring of the respective governance policies
- Advisory in the preparation of documents to regulate the relationship between participants, such as shareholders (shareholders’ agreement, articles of association/bylaws, fund regulation, etc.) and family members (family agreement, prenuptial agreements, dating and stable relationship contracts, etc.)
- Advisory in the preparation or review of wills, donation and usufruct instruments, and other methods of life asset sharing
- Advisory in the assessment of international succession planning mechanisms, such as the establishment of foundations and trusts and the legal effects in Brazil