MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS
The growing complexity of the relationships between the economic players and the internationalization of the production and trade activities bring the need for companies to conduct merger & acquisition transactions on efficient and safe manner.
The success of our transactions encompasses achieving a balance between the legal and business aspects of each project. This requires a high level of specialization, experience in the market, and knowledge of the activities and structures of companies involved.
Our team advises national and foreign clients in M&A since the first steps of the project. We prepare and negotiate proposals and memoranda of understanding (MoU), conduct legal due diligences, plan and implement corporate structures, advise our clients in relation to all tax aspects of transactions, prepare the necessary documents, and provide full post-closing advisory.
With a comprehensive and multidisciplinary work, we participate in transactions with different sizes and in the most different economic sectors. We assist our clients in implementing, inside and outside Brazil, business structures appropriate to their goals and needs.
Highlights of our work:
- Diagnosis on the company or conglomerate structure; development and implementation of corporate reorganizations before and/or after the transaction
- Due diligence in our practice areas; we present to clients the risks and contingency amounts in the most diverse scenarios (considering the different applicable fines, scenario in case of voluntary disclosure, statute of limitations, etc.)
- Advisory in purchase and sale transactions involving companies, assets and business lines, in the negotiation and implementation of joint ventures, consortia, silent partnerships, associations, and other corporate partnerships
- Advisory in the tax area, including to define the best business structure with safety and focused on achieving the best results
- Preparation, revision and negotiation of all M&A transaction documents
- Advisory in post-signing and post-closing, including the preparation of special contents for the interpretation and management of contracts