The foreign trade sector grows exponentially. Companies that are able to comply with Brazilian and foreign customs laws gain decisive competitive advantage, thus reducing the risks of their business coming across common obstacles in this area.
We advise our clients in all matters related to customs taxes, from the tax classification of goods and the performance of accessory obligations to the calculation and review of taxes, import and export statements, and procedures adopted by companies.
We represent our clients in administrative proceedings and lawsuits involving customs- and tax-related matters.
Highlights of our work:
- Consulting services in the customs area, comprising taxes, special customs regimes, import and export control rules, international treaties, and tax incentives
- Review of customs-related procedures and calculations
- Advisory on tax classification of products
- Advisory during inspections conducted by customs and tax authorities
- Representation in administrative proceedings or lawsuits involving customs-and tax-related matters
- Consulting in relation to the import and export of services
- Advisory with respect to the application of Transfer Pricing rules, including the preparation or review of calculations based on different applicable methods
- Advisory with respect to the inflow or outflow of funds to/from Brazil for the payment of imports or exports, including the analysis of the Central Bank’s rules and regulations