In an interconnected world, increasingly transparent, international tax matters have become one of the biggest challenges of the corporate environment. The search not only for more efficient solutions from the tax standpoint, but also of solutions that fully comply with the tax rules of the numerous jurisdictions involved, have become a priority.
Over the decades, we gathered significant experience in the international tax area, which allowed us to build a considerable portfolio of global clients and projects. We have full, sophisticated experience in advising Brazilian companies and individuals to expand business abroad, and foreign companies and individuals to invest and operate in Brazil.
We have built lasting and reliable relationships with the most respected international law firms and consulting companies. We actively participate in two international networks strongly dedicated to the tax area: LATAXNET, comprised of top tier law firms that allows us to develop and coordinate projects in all Latin American countries; and WTS Global, a worldwide network based in Germany, operating in more than 100 countries.
Highlights of our international practice:
- Consulting and assessment of the tax aspects arising from international corporate structuring and reorganizations, cross-border transactions, international M&A
- Advisory in the compliance with and adequacy of accessory obligations (tax compliance, including in view of new international tax control and transparency requirements: BEPS, Country by Country Report, automatic and international exchange of information)
- Advisory in the application of transfer pricing rules and preparation of transfer pricing studies
- Advisory in the internationalization of business, international treaties to avoid double taxation, assessment of the tax impacts arising from the adoption of taxation rules in Brazil on universal profit bases, etc.
- Consulting in matters involving taxation on earnings of individuals (international stock option plans, expatriations, granting of international fringe benefits, matters involving dual tax residence, etc.)